retro The interest in games and game consoles is increasing day by day. For this reason, many brands are releasing versions of their classic products that are compatible with today's technology. However, these products are either rare in the market or they are pocket-worthy due to their high prices. At this point, it Raspberry Pi it is entering. In its simplest form, it can be described as a tiny computer. Raspberry PiIt is used in many different areas because it is affordable and open to development. Using this card, you can smart your appliances at home, set up your own server and even Raspberry Pi You can even make a retro game console using it.
How to make a retro game console with Raspberry Pi?
Raspberry Pi Foundation This tiny computer, developed by the company, is updated and renewed every few years. Lastly, it supports from 4K video to giagabit internet. Raspberry Pi 4 it happened. Pi 4The Broadcom BCM2711 has a quad-core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit 1.5GHz processor and offers up to 8GB of RAM support, depending on the model. For this reason, it is possible to say that it is enough for retro games, even though it is far behind a modern computer, even smart phones. So how to make a retro game console with Raspberry Pi?
First, get a Raspberry Pi device and an SD card. It is recommended that the SD card has a capacity of at least 8 GB.
- First, click here to download the Retropie software suitable for your Raspberry Pi model.
- Connect your SD card to your computer and write the Retropie installation file to your SD card using a disk image program.
- Insert the SD card into your Raspberry Pi device and connect the device to the keyboard, mouse and monitor where it is installed.
- Turn on your Raspberry Pi and run the Retropie setup wizard. This wizard will guide you through some settings of Retropie.
- After the Retropie installation is complete, download the game ROMs and copy them to your device. You can move ROMs to your device using a storage device such as a USB stick.
- After copying the game ROMs to your device, you can play your games using the Emulationstation program provided by Retropie.
- While playing games, you can play games using your Raspberry Pi's controllers (joystick, button, etc.). If your device does not have a controller, you can buy a controller that can be connected via USB and connect it to your device.
- If you want, you can connect your device to a TV and play the games there. This requires an HDMI cable and an HDMI-to-USB adapter.
- When your retro game console is ready, you can start playing fun games!
Raspberry Pi 4 introduced! 4K support has arrived!
The credit card sized mini computer Raspberry Pi was updated this year. Here are the details of the device that draws attention with its 4K support: Raspberry Pi 4 features and Raspberry Pi 4 price
What games are playable on Raspberry Pi?
There are hundreds of games that can be played via emulator on Raspberry Pi. RetroPie lets you open emulators like Atari 2600, Game Boy Advance, and even PlayStation 2. This means that you can play games not only on Retropie but also on different platforms. At this time when companies continue to close old digital showcases, Raspberry Pi, an excellent tool to keep these games with the help of emulators. Unfortunately, although the current dollar rate negatively affects the prices of mini computers like the Pi, it has not lost its price / performance focus yet.
These devices, which are also sold individually, can be purchased as a set, and you can have the necessary equipment such as a microSD card for storage, a mouse and an adapter for use. Although the device seems to be suitable for storage with a microSD card, you can increase your storage space by connecting an external disk.